Wednesday, August 6, 2014

What is the motive in your relationship


I was talking with a friend today about her new relationship. They have been together about three months, and everything is still wonderful. She is thinking about getting a ring. I asked her to wait at least a year before marriage.

I have come to understand that it is really easy to be wonderful for a few months. Sometimes it even goes on for nine months, but there is always a time when iron sharpens iron, and you discover what the person is made of. During this time you often discover the motive for the relationship, yours and theirs.

This motive is where I have taken a bow in past relationships. I thought about this during the day, and I realized why I am so slow to move into a steady relationship.

I have seen hell. It nested in dark eyes that shone brightly to conceal malevolent intent.