Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Goodness of the Lord

What would have become of me if I had not believed I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living? Honestly, the Lord did not intend for us to ‘suffer’ through this earthly life. God wants us to enjoy the life He has given us. However, just watching the news scares me, and I’m fearless.


Being an adult, a parent, an individual, is hard work. We struggle to keep jobs, put food on the table, pay bills, and we are at times disturbed by our own attitudes and beliefs. We deal with difficult people at work. Sometimes our own kids and spouses are difficult.

The good thing is that we have the promise of the Lord, that we will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. So I look for it, wait for it, embrace each small step. And I have seen it myself: in the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, and in my successes. It’s not all grief and sorrow. There is much joy in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment