Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Brain Eating Amoebas

Brain eating amoebas. That's what I woke up to as I turned on the morning news. I signed onto my computer and found out a woman in Illinois shot herself and her three children in the head. And I wonder why I am so sad sometimes.

I grew up in the 50s and 60s when there were only four television channels and computers were only for big business. There was certain innocence in the world. Now everywhere I look I am bombarded with the most incredibly bad information.

Its no wonder so many people need medicine for depression. I tried not watching the news, but that seemed foolish to not be informed. I cannot escape the Internet. I remember God is good, and I look to Him for direction and wisdom.

In the early 1900's, swine flu wiped out entire towns. Infant death rates were high. I found out that antibiotics were not even around until the end of the 1800's and the polio vaccine didn't arrive until the 1950s. So, it's always been hard.

As I prayed this morning, I read Psalm 97:5: The hills melt like was in the presence of the Lord. In my mind's eye I saw that the mountainous obstacles that surround us, the perilous terrain we tread, all become smooth as we rely on and trust in God. Life is hard but God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment