Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Praying Makes Me Smile

So much is going on these days. Watching CNN is sometimes a bitter pill, because life is hard. I pray for the government, which needs a lot of prayer these days, and I pray for others. Prayer has become something I do easily. I have learned that I don't have to be kneeling on the floor with my hands folded, or even in a prayerful place. I pray at the drop of a hat. This is what makes me a happy person.

The other day I found myself really struggling. I felt a generalized anger and discontent. And the mood was really messing up my day. When I realized this, I prayed where I was, and asked for peace and right-thinking. I was honest and told God I wasn't particularly interested in forgiving, that I was really angry, and I understood this wasn't really a healthy way to be.

God is very good, and the act of admitting and then accepting God's grace did the trick.

APPLES OF GOLD

Soft and silken Word of God
So gentle on my heart.
A refuge from the rock‑hard world
Such love does it impart.
Despair and sadness fade away
With each caressing word.
Smiles and hope take shapes anew
In light of what is heard.

Lamb of God, He walks the Word,
Engraving every heart
That opens up the door to Him:
A wondrous way to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment