Sunday, September 18, 2011

Battling Fears

My mind is a battlefield, and battling fear is something I do. I battle more, like self-image, doubt, and trying to figure stuff out. The WHY of life. God's word says we battle not against flesh and blood, but against powers in high places. The powers in high places attack my mind, trying to bring confusion and general misery. I don't always win the battle, but with God, I will win the war.

What a desperate dreamer found:
Fantasies and hopes,
Well hidden,
Brought to light and aired.

And so uncovered, running rampant in my heart:
A battlefield of reality,
Littered with wounded dreams
And injured visions.

And I, like a hero,
Dodge exploding shells of doubt
And the gun fire of fear.
Racing onward, bravado,
To meet the stranger.

No comments:

Post a Comment