Wednesday, January 2, 2008

God is Good all the time

I have this as my "mantra", if you will. I am going through some awful things right now, and am re-examining my life, and where it is going.
Just like everyone, there are horrors I have faced. Events that have shocked me, like a Tazer, and left bruises. I don't want to turn away from these, I want to meet them head-on. As I meet them, they become part of my being. So my goal, if you will, is to take these and turn them into something positive.
I admit that is not easy. I hate that I know bad things can happen, and touch me so deeply. What counts is that I was touched. Responding to these events correctly is important to me. What is correct? Heck, I don't know.
God knows. I pray from a contrite heart, to be humble, to be submissive. Submissive is not a bad word, to me, it does not mean "door-mat" or something worse. Submissive is the admission that this did happen, and it happened to me. Because who I am? That horror shouldn't touch me. It touches us every day.
I have heard "that which does not kill us makes us stronger". That is true. And the strong survive.
I have no idea what the future holds for me right now. But I am sure that God is with me, and, if I listen, if I don't get stupid, it will all turn out okay